January 31st, 2014
Superbowl parties are not just for the avid football fan, we will all likely find ourselves at some sort of get together this Sunday. Whether it be a large party or a small gathering with close friends and family there will be one common denominator for sure: a large spread of delicious, and probably unhealthy, food. There are a few things you can do to avoid over indulging this weekend…
- Bring your own version of a healthy snack, ie. vegetable tray, fruit salad, popcorn, or fat free pretzels.
- Arrive without an appetite, eat regular meals before you attend the party to avoid being hungry at the dip table.
- Drink your water. Thirst can often be confused with hunger, and drinking plenty of water will curb your appetite.
- Slow down on the alcohol. If you must drink, opt for light beer or diet mixers with your liquor.
- Don’t stand next to the snacks. Position yourself out of reach of the snack table, chat with friends next to a bowl of chips and you will likely end up eating twice as many as you wanted to.
- Practice self control; anything in moderation is OK, but stay within your limits.