A few small changes may be all you need to make big differences in how you look and feel. Here are five basic tips that can ease the road to health & fitness and keep you living the “sweat life” all year round.
1. Purchase a 1 liter BPA free water bottle & start bringing it to work each day and set your goal to consume three full bottles daily. Proper hydration helps control hunger, keeps you alert, flushes out toxins and increases performance. Express your personal style with your bottle choice. Top Hive picks are bottles by BKR, SIGG and lululemon.
2. Pre-pack you gym bag & keep it in your car. If your schedule is such that exercising after work is the best option then keeping your bag in the car & heading straight to the gym after will help you stick to your workout plan.
3. Purchase an activity tracker. A body monitor, no matter which one you choose, may push you to outdo yourself from one day to the next. Our Hive top activity tracker pick is from Mio because it also displays heart rate. Other great options are by Polar, Fitbit and Nike Fuel.
4. Pre-box your meal when dining out. When you place your order, ask the waiter to box half of your meal before he or she serves it. This way, you will win the portion control battle every time.
5. Gear the social media pages you follow around fitness & healthy eating. Whether its Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or Facebook, keeping your news feed filled with posts from others who live the sweat life will help keep you motivated and inspired each day.